Reed Tinsley, CPA is a nationally recognized, healthcare accountant and business advisor to physicians and medical practices. Based in Houston, Texas, Reed leads the healthcare accounting industry delivering expert financial advice to physicians, medical groups, and other healthcare entities regarding managed care contracting, operational management, strategic planning, revenue growth strategies and physician litigation support.
Reed is a sought-after author and speaker with 25 years of expert hands-on, healthcare consulting experience. He has authored dozens of healthcare finance articles and books and is a chosen speaker among prominent national healthcare groups and associations.
Committed to addressing the needs of each of his clients, Reed takes great pride in his hand-on approach, effective response time and measurable results. Areas of expertise and service include:
- Expert Physician CPA Counselor/Advisor
- Top Healthcare Accounting Speaker, Author
- Medical Practice Revenue Building
- Medical Practice Tax/Accounting
- Medical Practice Valuations
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations
- Medical Practice Merger Advisor
- Physician Litigation Support
- Physician Compensation Strategies
- Financing Structure and Acquisition
- Medical Practice Strategic Planning
- Physician Personal Financial Planning
Reed is a member of several leading healthcare accounting organizations, and the current President of NSCHBC.
Blog Postsmore »
- HIPAA and patient portals
- Coding for ICD-10-CM: More of the Basics
- Are you living your medical practice mission statement?
- Reminder about charitable contribution documentation
- Medicare “Complying With Medical Record Documentation Requirements” Fact Sheet — Released
- Is your physician practice in HIPAA compliance with your business associates?
- CMS to require use of new 855R Medicare enrollment form
Forms & Checklistsmore »
Forms & Checklists
- Payer Matrix: A Quick-Reference Guide to Payer Contract Essentials (Format: Word) This matrix enables physician practices to view all the key elements of their agreements on one document.
- Patient Notification of Contract Termination (Format: Word) Sample letter to send to patients if practice terminates contract with a managed care plan.
- Collection Letter FINAL (Format: Word): If patient has already been send the Collection Letter 1 and Collection Letter 2 and no payment was received, send this letter out after the first statement is 90 days stale and provide them with notice that the account will be turned ove
- Collection Letter 3 (Format: Word): If patient has already been send the Collection Letter 1 and Collection Letter 2 and no payment was received, send this letter out after the first statement is 90 days stale and provide them with their FINAL NOTICE of the account.
Newsletter Archivemore »
- Is your Physician Practice Using a Portal to Communicate with your Patients
- Strategies to Improve Collections
- Financial Health For Your Practice
- Overview of Business Associates
- Strategic Planning-Where is Your Ship Headed?
- Building a Culture of Accountability in Your Medical Practice
- Link Patient Satisfaction Scores to Physicians Compensation
- 10 Things Bosses Hate
- Alternatives To Selling Your Practice
- Prevent Merger Mishaps with Careful Planning
- Be Careful When Calculating Equipment ROI