Reed Tinsley, CPA is a nationally recognized, healthcare accountant and business advisor to physicians and medical practices. Based in Houston, Texas, Reed leads the healthcare accounting industry delivering expert financial advice to physicians, medical groups, and other healthcare entities regarding managed care contracting, operational management, strategic planning, revenue growth strategies and physician litigation support.
Reed is a sought-after author and speaker with 25 years of expert hands-on, healthcare consulting experience. He has authored dozens of healthcare finance articles and books and is a chosen speaker among prominent national healthcare groups and associations.
Committed to addressing the needs of each of his clients, Reed takes great pride in his hand-on approach, effective response time and measurable results. Areas of expertise and service include:
- Expert Physician CPA Counselor/Advisor
- Top Healthcare Accounting Speaker, Author
- Medical Practice Revenue Building
- Medical Practice Tax/Accounting
- Medical Practice Valuations
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations
- Medical Practice Merger Advisor
- Physician Litigation Support
- Physician Compensation Strategies
- Financing Structure and Acquisition
- Medical Practice Strategic Planning
- Physician Personal Financial Planning
Reed is a member of leading healthcare/accounting organizations, including:
Blog Postsmore »
- Fraud Alert-Laboratory Payments to Referring Physicians
- Reducing physician claim denials
- Affordable Care Act Regulations Allow Orientation Period for New Hires
- Contract provision required participation in EHR Meaningful Use Program
- Internal monitoring of physician billing and coding
- Improving the physician business office
- Thoughts on physician practice employee retention
Forms & Checklistsmore »
Forms & Checklists
- Compliance Plan Sample Compliance Plan for Physician Practice (Format: Word): Modify and implement this sample compliance plan in your medical practice.
- 5 Steps to PECOS Enrollment (Format: Word): If your practice has not yet enrolled with PECOS, here’s a comprehensive information guide and checklist for accomplishing this important task.
- Request for Form W-9 (Format: Word): If you make payment or payments to a vendor during the year that will require you to send an IRS Form 1099-MISC to that vendor, then you need to obtain an executed Form W-9 from the vendor before or soon after making payments.
- Physician Practice Merger Due Diligence Workbook (Format: Excel): Due diligence is the most important part of the physician merger process. Use this workbook to assemble and analyze data and information on each participating medical practice.
Newsletter Archivemore »
- 2014:3: Don’t Take Your Eye off The Ball – Everyday Practice Must Do's; Introducing Healthcare Compliance Pros; Use Financial Counseling to Improve Collections and Patient Relationships; Key Pre-Merger Decisions; Where Does It Hurt: a Virtual Event
- 2014:2: Overview of Business Associates; Differentiation of the Patient Experience Leads to Practice Growth; Strategic Planning – Where is Your Ship Headed? Companies That May Be or Become HIPAA Business Associates
- 2014:1: Build a Culture of Accountability in your Medical Practice; Know Your Contract, Plan Rules to Minimize Underpayments and Denials; To Ten Practical Antitrust Compliance Tips for Health Care Providers (and Other Entities); FTC Wins Antitrust Challen
- 2013:6: Prevent Merger Mishaps with Careful Planning; Mid-Year Tax Planning; 10 Things We Bosses (Used To) Hate
- Financial Health For Your Practice
- Overview of Business Associates
- Strategic Planning-Where is Your Ship Headed?
- Building a Culture of Accountability in Your Medical Practice
- Link Patient Satisfaction Scores to Physicians Compensation
- 10 Things Bosses Hate
- Alternatives To Selling Your Practice
- Prevent Merger Mishaps with Careful Planning
- Be Careful When Calculating Equipment ROI
- Incident to Billing: Bill at Your Own Risk
- How to Develop, Communicate and Implement an Effective Earned Time Off Program