Did you know the following physician issues were included on the OIG (Office of Inspector General) work plan?
- Billing Service Companies – Review of incentives to up code and over bill.
- 99374 – 99380 – Care Plan Oversight – I’d see if any of your docs are billing this. There are certain criteria that must be met which is the review underway.
- Physician Pathology Services – reviewing the relationship between the pathologist and the ordering physician.
- E&M Coding – Determining if outliers are being appropriately reviewed.
- Use of 25 and 59 Modifiers – Review of appropriateness
- Provider Based entities – Review of site of service for entieis that may be billing as office but should be facility billing.