Successfully handling the complexities of medical staff-provider relationships is critical to the strength of your health care organization. Medical Staff Management: Forms, Policies, and Procedures for Health Care Providers by Aspen Publishers gives you the tools you need to efficiently and properly manage medical staff matters—such as credentialing, privileges, quality improvement, and many others.
With hundreds of proven and innovative forms, policies, procedures, worksheets, flowcharts, and other management tools at your fingertips, you’ll find important guidance on virtually all topics, including:
- Credentialing activities specific to hospitals, allied health professionals (AHPs) and managed and ambulatory care
- Legal issues and documents, including drug testing for applicants
- Medical staff development tools
- Sample job descriptions as well as descriptions for allied health professionals
- “CORE” privileging and related criteria
- Policies and procedures used by Credentialing Verification Organizations (CVOs)
- Effective meeting management
- Legal issues such as fair hearing policies, confidentiality policies and other policies relating to corrective action
- Leadership and new physician orientation programs
- Preparation of surveys by accrediting agencies and standardized application forms
- And much more!
Table of Contents
1. Credentialing in Hospitals
3. Credentialing Allied Health Professionals (AHPs)
4. Credentialing in Managed and Ambulatory Care
5. Meeting Management
6. Quality Assessment and Improvement
7. Legal Issues and Documents
8. Medical Staff Development
9. Administration and Management of Support Personnel
10. Accreditation and Regulations
You can order the book by phone by calling 1-800-638-8437; be sure to mention code: K539 .
Have questions? I’m here to help.