Beginning on Sept. 20, 2006, the Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the National Provider Identifier (NPI) Application/Update Form (CMS-10114) will no longer be available for download on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) forms Web site, and there will not be a link to that form from the NPPES page (https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/Welcome.do).
Health care providers can still apply for NPIs in one of the following three ways:
- For the most efficient application processing and the fastest receipt of NPIs, health care providers should consider using the Web-based NPI application process. They can log onto the NPPES and apply online at https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/Welcome.do.
- Health care providers can agree to have an Electronic File Interchange Organization (EFIO) submit application data on their behalf (i.e., through a bulk enumeration process) if an EFIO requests their permission to do so.
- Health care providers may wish to obtain a copy of the paper NPI Application/Update Form (CMS-10114) and mail the completed, signed application to the NPI Enumerator located in Fargo, North Dakota, whereby staff at the NPI Enumerator will enter the application data into NPPES. The form will be available only upon request through the NPI Enumerator. Health care providers who wish to obtain a copy of this form must contact the NPI Enumerator in any of these ways:
- Phone: (800) 465-3203 or TTY (800) 692-2326.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Mail: NPI Enumerator
P.O. Box 6059
Fargo, ND 58108-6059