HcPro has just released Coder Productivity: Tapping Your Team's Talents to Improve Quality and Reduce Accounts Receivable, a hands-on guide to identifying and correcting production lapses. This book and CD-ROM package is loaded with current coding productivity data you won't find anywhere else.
In Coder Productivity, author Rose Dunn, RHIA, CPA, FACHE, FHFMA, uses her extensive background as a healthcare professional to examine productivity from a number of angles and give you strategies you can use to improve the coding team's productivity and develop incentive plans to motivate staff. You'll learn how to
- establish realistic expectations for your coding and processing staffs
- lower PRN, contracted staff, overtime, and staff turnover
- dissect the various reports that gauge the HIM department's performance
- reduce DNFB and accounts receivable
- determine a coder’s compensation
- improve coding quality
- create monetary and non-monetary incentive plans that inspire staff
- eliminate common distractions that interrupt coders from concentrating on their work
Find out how to order risk-free!
She also analyzes the results of HCPro's nationwide survey on coding productivity, which queried respondents on authorized coding hours, contract staff, vacancy levels, data abstraction, and productivity standards.
Bonus CD provides samples and forms:
Your copy of Coder Productivity includes a CD with sample policies and forms, including
- a coding incentive plan
- coding specialist job description
- time ladder
- sample incentive pay documentation form
- coding productivity reporting log
Have questions? I’m here to help.