Sign up today at http://conference.mpmnetwork.com
PROBLEM EMPLOYEES: HOW TO COUNSEL THEM (or HOW TO FIRE THEM)
Your staff forms the backbone of your organization, and having the right staff is the fundamental requirement of attaining practice success. Not everyone that you hire or manage will be suitable for your team, however, and you must determine if they can be counseled for success or if they should be dismissed.
Often, management will have varying perspectives on dealing with individuals. Without harmony in the practice and discipline for the problem employee or if problems go unattended — keeping your good people on board and satisfied will be a near impossible feat. This practical 90-minute session covers assessing the impact of having the right staff, gaining consensus from management on corrective action, counseling the problematic employee, and determining when it is appropriate to fire an employee.
Ideally, the problematic employee can be saved and coached through a corrective action plan. This session will address how to institute progressive discipline for performance problems or employee misconduct. When discharge is inevitable, you must know the proper steps to follow to protect yourself and to protect the medical practice.
Participants will learn how to:
- Gain consensus in the practice and establish protocol for discipline
- Set up a corrective action plan
- Discharge an employee the correct way dont misfire when you fire
- Conduct a termination meeting
- Handle details such as the separation letter, severance pay, and termination agreement
- Contest unemployment compensation claims
- Conduct the exit interview and why it is important