An effective group mission statement outlines your purpose, your priniciple activity to achieve it, and your core values. It answers the question: Why should your practice exist? To help you and your partners craft a statement that works, try approaching each section with questions like these:
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- What is the ultimate result of your work?
- How will your community change as a result of your work?
- What will you do to accomplish your purpose?
- What basic beliefs do you share with your partners?