The following is a brief summary of the role of a managing physician in a group practice, who is usually elected for a one or two year term, depending on the size of the practice:
- The basic role is to address issues that arise but do not require the approval of the entire group, or Board.
- Be available to make minor day to day decisions (ex. buying a piece of furniture).
- Reviews and signs all disbursement checks.
- Be the administrator’s direct contact in matters that he or she needs answered in between board or shareholder meetings.
- Handles physician to physician issues within the group.