If you don’t already have one, here is a real simple way to keep track (and control) of drugs kept in the office:
1. Medicine vials and invoice arrive. (Example – 10 vials)
2. The vials are numbered 1 thru 10 and entered into a log book.
3. As the injection is given the patient name, etc. is completed on the log book.
4. Injection & vial # entered into chart.
5. A routine check is done at the end of the month to insure all injections were billed.
6. Remaining vials in refrigerator – Match open line items on log.