You can check your claim status by:
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): IVR gives providers access to Medicare claims information through a toll-free telephone number. Visit your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) website for information on the Provider Contact Center and IVR user guide.
- Customer Service Representative (CSR): Visit your MAC website for information on the Provider Contact Center only if you are unable to access claims information via IVR.
- MAC portal: Visit your MAC website for portal features and access.
- Direct Data Entry (DDE): Providers that bill institutional claims are also permitted to submit claims electronically via DDE screens. Visit your MAC website for more information.
- ASC X12: The ASC X12 Health Care Claim Status Request and Response (276/277) is a pair of electronic transactions you can use to request the status of claims (via the 276) and receive a response (via the 277). Visit your MAC website for more information.