As I get older, I’m paying more attention to the non-financial side of running a medical practice – And one of those things is providing excellent patient customer service. Unfortunately I’m finding most physician medical practices are doing a poor job on this. So here are some more common sense ideas on this topic for you to consider:
1. Provide an online pay portal for patients to pay their bill.
2. Call people back within a specific time frame.
3. Provide extended hours for people who work all day.
4. Call patients back the next day after their appointment to check in on them.
5. Keep your waiting room and bathrooms clean.
It’s worth it to just take a look around your facility and see what other little changes can be made that will make a big difference in delivering customer service to your patients.